This isn’t the first time an act of terrorism was committed on Canadian soil.
As the Hamilton Spectator reported this am, over the past decade there have been nine. All for different motives and using varying methods of attack.
1. Pipeline Bombings (2008-2009) – No one convicted
2. Firebombing of United Talmud Torahs School (2004) – Sleiman Elmerhebi convicted
3. Second Cup Firebombing (2001) – Convicted FLQ terrorist Rheal Mathieu found guilty.
4. Serial Bombing in the Maritimes (1995) – Robert Charles Bell convicted
5. Air India Bombing (1985) – 382 passengers and crew killed by suspected Sikh separatists
6. Central Station Bombing (1984) – American Thomas Bernard Brigham convicted
7. Shooting at National Assembly (1984) – Canadian soldier Denis Lortie convicted
8. The October Crisis (1970) – FLQ kidnapped and James Cross and Pierre Laporte in Montreal. Laporte was later killed.
9. Botched Bombing of Parliament (1966) – Paul Joseph Chartier attempted to bomb the house of commons.
For the full story and details, visit Hamilton Spectator.